Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Task 3: Social media considerations / issues

As a proud ‘Analogue Dinosaur’, I have A LOT to say about this topic!!

FIRST… those INTERNET TROLLS who attack anyone and anything on any social media platforms… just because they can do so ANONYMOUSLY, and they are causing unnecessary angst and stress to those on the receiving end. They are just a bunch of COWARDS who would otherwise NOT have the guts to say anything if they had to disclose who they are. I reckon the authorities and social media operators should make it compulsory for anyone posting malicious comments to include a byline in their FULL NAME, like all responsible journalists and authors do to their published articles! I’m curious to see how much of the trolling problems would disappear...

SECOND… sorry, but I’m gonna have to complain about GOOGLE here (ironically, on Google Blogger) - about your privacy breach all over the world!! I mean, what’s wrong with you - getting fined US$170 million for violating children’s privacy on YouTube? ...Hello?! Just because you are a social media giant doesn’t mean you can take advantage of your users!!

THIRD… ADDICTION to social media! I wonder if people realize just how much time they are wasting by browsing social media each day - to see how many ‘likes’ they got in the last 5 minutes. (Funny that, since September this year, Facebook has been experimenting with hiding ‘like’ counts from its platform in Australia - to see how that affects user experience.) On top of that, modern society’s expectations of ‘instant response’ has led to loss of ‘me time’ for so many people. But keep in mind that you don’t have to make yourself available to anyone 24/7!! That’s one of the many reasons why I still don’t carry a mobile phone - and thank God, my life is so peaceful!

For other “Analogue Dinosaur’s Rants”, go to my website:
https://kaorispixdownunder.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment